Jeremiah's Complaints

This blog tracks my problems with the way the universe is run.

Tuesday, January 20, 2004

The State of The Union

I'm watching, the President, George W. Bush, deliver the state of the union. I don't know what the state of the union is, but I've learned that if you want to ignore the economy you can describe different types of military operations seven or eight times over and mention September 11th and War on Terror repeatedly.

He just switched sentences in the middle of a sentence as if the teleprompter skipped.

He just said "America will never seek a permission slip..." Are we going on a field trip? I hope I get to sit next to the pretty girl on the bus and that she talks to me.

He's not talking about any kind of specifics, he's just making all these broad statements about how terror still exists and how we must continue to fight it.

He has that "science-class-presentation" tone of voice when he talks. His sentences are too long and he speaks with a "holy-calmness" like a kid does when he reads his book report in front of class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home