Jeremiah's Complaints

This blog tracks my problems with the way the universe is run.

Thursday, January 15, 2004

Boy, Am I A Chump!

Today this sweet little girl was hanging out with another one of the departmental assistants. The girl's mother had a meeting with the other assistant's boss. This sweet little girl asked me if I wanted to buy one of her play-dough sculptures. I said sure since it was only 3 cents. However I only had a dime. I asked her for change but she didn't have any. So, I let her keep it as an investment in sculpting. Then she gomes back like two minutes later with these "drawings." One was some scribbled circles, one was a print-out from the Mattel website and the other was some beauty tips printed out from the internet. The circles were a penny, the Mattel one was three cents again, and the beauty tips were a whole dollar. The beauty tips looked pretty good but I thought some of the other assistants could use it better than me. I again dropped a dime on the three cent item. The sweet little girl had no change.

Then I thought about it, this sweet little girl just sold me a print out from a website. Is this legal? She's selling clip art pictures as her own! Boy, am I a chump! I hope she uses that 20 cents I plopped down on her to take a class in business ethics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home