Jeremiah's Complaints

This blog tracks my problems with the way the universe is run.

Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Some Old Jokes From My Strolling Character Theme Restaurant $11 an Hour Carnie Days

One of my characters at this theme restaurant I worked at was a mad doctor. All the time when I would walk around to the tables people would go, "What's your specialty, Doc?" And I would go, "Blueberry Pie."

Other times the more risque theme restaurant patrons would go "Are you a gynecologist?" And I would respond, "No, I have bad knees." That would bring down the house. I hope my family didn't read that.

Once I saw a friend of mine accidentally dip her elbow into a plate of somebody's ribs then pretend it didn't happen. There's nothing more disgusting then a plate of luke-warm barbecued ribs.

Sometimes, I close my eyes and wonder what it would be like to run around with the old gang.

Does the phrase "luke-warm" come from the Gospel?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home