Jeremiah's Complaints

This blog tracks my problems with the way the universe is run.

Tuesday, January 06, 2004

The Value of Unpaid Vacations

I just got back from a two week unpaid vacation. Unpaid vacations are the only way to go. You really learn to appreciate your paycheck when you're on an extended unpaid vacation. You also relax more because if some financial hardship should occur there's nothing you can do about it because you're unpaid and you won't have any money coming in for quite a while.

Unpaid vacations make me appreciate things such as network televison, my gym membership that I forgot about, credit cards, the natural beauty of my neighborhood, pigeon watching, e-mail, those canned goods underneath my sink, writing thoughts down on paper, pasta, NPR, direct mailings, as well as pure-luck-get-rich-quick devices such as the lotto, scratch tickets and OTB.

Am I glad my unpaid vacation is over? I don't know, but I sure miss that Montel guy talking to me from the TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home