Jeremiah's Complaints

This blog tracks my problems with the way the universe is run.

Tuesday, January 06, 2004

I'm Developing Insomnia

I don't know what's going on but I can't seem to sleep normal hours. I think I'm turning into an insomniac. I used to have this romantic notion of insominiacs, dwellers of the night who could accomplish all these things because they didn't sleep. They could enjoy the world while the others rested.

I guess that isn't the case. All I seemed to be able to do was catch up with Felix and Oscar in old sitcom reruns. When I can't sleep and turn on the TV at three in the morning, I feel like the shows I'm watching were developed to air specifically for insomniacs, because they aren't eterribly funny but they are amusing enough to hold my attention, like how my mind is when I can't sleep, not ready to do any constructive work but is still alert to see what's on television. Sitcoms at three in the morning possess a reality all their own, they usually take place in the day which is contrast to my 3am world and everybody seems so happy as opposed to my 3am blandness. It's really weird.

I finally went to bed around 4, after Felix and Oscar had lost all their gambled earnings on a long-shot at the track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home