Jeremiah's Complaints

This blog tracks my problems with the way the universe is run.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Movie Theaters

I spent four hours in a movie theater yesterday. I was on a train home and the train informed me that it was going to skip my stop and make express stops so I figured I might as well just ht the cinema.

I got to the theater and immediately bought my popcorn. Before I bought my popcorn I had forgotten that I had to use the bathroom. I was by myself, had to use the bathroom, and a had a small popcorn in my hand. I didn't know what to do. I can't bring the popcorn into the bathroom with me. What would I do? Put it on top of the urinal and maybe snack a little while I do my business? Place it on the sink and come back to it, hopeing people don't give me dirty glances or dry their hands on my popcorn? Camp out in a stall? I finally just wrapped it in a plastic bag and put it in my backpack.

After that over thought dilemma was done with I headed into the theater. It was a science fiction movie. I saw that a little boy and his mother or father (it was dark, I couldn't tell) where in the same row as me. I thought it was very sweet as I remembered going to the movies with my mother or father when I was young. I hadn't noticed the child was delivering a seminar to his parent until the movie began and I heard constant chatter from down the row as the child pointed things out, asked what just happened, and demanded to know if one scene was a dream sequence. I thought the loud sci-fi effects of the novie would drown out the child's speech however whenever there was an explosion or the dramatic music would swell the child would raise his voice over the sound so that he could be heard.

I didn't like the movie that much. The characters in the movie who were supposed to be old friends talked to each other like I imagine I would talk to people I was in a doctor's office with for a day. I wanted to see a good movie so I got out of that movie and went into another. This second movie was better but I got "movie-face' from staring in one direction too long and forty five minutes into it the movie theater seat felt like I planted myself in a milk crate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home