Jeremiah's Complaints

This blog tracks my problems with the way the universe is run.

Monday, August 30, 2004

What's the story?

How's everyone doing? I'm having trouble sleeping.

I marched in the demonstration today in New York. I went alone. A friend was going to go with me but he called me early in the morning and said he was out too late and was worried about the bathroom situation. Another friend was going to be there but I had trouble finding him in the crowd of 300,000. It was weird going by myself. I felt awkward. Like I was at a school dance stag. But I went along with the motions. i was afraid to make the loud protest noises or clap my hands because I thought other protesters would judge me. I'm always hesitant to clap in a crowd. Especially when it's to a beat. Because I'm afraid when I start clapping I won't know when to stop clapping.

I thought it would be a good place to meet some liberal babes. But the liberal babes must have all been in some other demonstration. I saw three women who were topless. However they weren't arm-pit-hair-less.

Some people had a lot of text on their signs. Somebody had a sign that read like "May George W's foriegn policy by similar to George Washington's Closing Statement." I didn't know what that meant. Then in small letters it had something in print but I couldn't read it from 10 feet away.

But the march was a success, we changed the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home