Jeremiah's Complaints

This blog tracks my problems with the way the universe is run.

Monday, October 25, 2004

Monday

I just wrapped principal photography on my newest comedy short, "Staff Meeting." Now, I enter into post production at Central Park West Studios. I'm speaking to Three Meter productions about distribution. It should be out by mid-November.

I saw the craziest thing Friday night. I was walking through midtown around midnight because the idiots at the MTA decided to cancel local service. I'm walking past various bars and closed McDonalds. I hear a loud bang. I look on the street and I see this huge SUV with a wrecked front fender and a taxi cab in the middle of the street, not at the intersection. The dude from the SUV gets out. I see the woman in the passenger seat put her hands on her head in an "Oh my God!" expression. The driver walks to the cab, gives a cursory glance at the cab, looks at the passneger in the backseat. Looks at the driver. Walks back to the SUV. Gets back in. The cab driver gets out. He walks towards the SUV. The SUV backs up real fast. The cab driver motions for the SUV to stop. The SUV continues backing up, turns and shoots down another street.

Why'd he do that? His fender was wrecked. I guess it was his fault for rear-eneding the cab. The cab didn't seem to be damaged. But the SUV looked like it was made out of plastic and tin. The idiot totally fled the scene. I just stood there and stared for like two minutes waiting for him to come back and apologize. Or something. I couldn't believe how inconsiderate he was to the cab driver. Maybe the driver was drunk. I think I witnessed a crime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home